Collaborators: Hwang Youn Kim, Prajwal Manjunath, Ziyu (Judy) Zhu
Timeframe: October 2014 – December 2014
Natural Rhythm is a game designed to help lower school students practice identifying the following note symbols: eighth notes, quarter notes, half notes, and whole notes. The game tasks each player with identifying multiple instances of these symbols and producing sounds that correspond to each note’s beat length. For more information, please visit our website.
Roles: Creative Director, Producer, Sound Designer
– Designed game and wrote design documentation
– Project management, e.g., goal-setting, deadlines, communications (internal/external), etc.
– Directed art style
– Created music for in-game play
– Wrote and published weekly newsletters
– Created and maintained project website
Collaborators: Kenisha Luby & Lisa Xia
Given 2 weeks and a 3-person team, we created a two-player, Christmas-themed, competitive battle game for the Atari 2600.
– Programming in Atari BASIC utilizing the Stella emulator for play
– Game design
– Level design
Timeframe: December 2010
– Programming completed in 2 weeks
– Game design completed in 2 hours
– Level design completed in 3 hours
Over the course of the semester I recreated the classic Frogger game that tasks players with trying to get across successively more difficult streets filled with cars crossing their path.
Timeframe: April – May 2011
– Game design completed in 1 week
– Level design completed in 1 week
– Sound design completed in 1 week